Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My styling







I finally got a small break! I was contacted by a photographer last week who asked me to style a photo shoot for him, the best thing was he wanted ME! We met and spoke about ideas, clothing, and a story board. 3 looks maybe 4, a desert set. I went to work as soon as I got the call, looks were just flying through my mind. We decided on 3 looks; Denim, texture, and boho. However, this photographer is know for his tasteful nude shots so he made sure that I kept in mind sexy, and some skin. Since most of the looks were quite covered I made sure instead of a pant we did a short or and off the shoulder sweater top that showed her shoulder and collar.
We got to the set(a desert, dooned area in brampton, ontario) at 9am and jumped right into work. Thankfully the weather held-up for us, even though it was supposed to rain. By 11am the area was swarmed with people. The set is a land mark for the area and when we looked around there were at least 100 people walking, playing, taking pictures. This made it very difficult to stay in one place to do the shots, we ended up getting sand all over ourselves.
At the end of the day the pictures that were taken ended up looking fantastic. The model was happy, but most important the photographer was so happy and extremely happy with my work. We started to talk about the next shoot he wants to do and thankfully he wants me to style that shoot for him again!

2 comments:

  1. Liam, I'm SO happy for you!!! Your style sense is amazing!! You are going to do great things my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liam, Look me up if you are in NY, a shoot by Liam Alexander, styled by Liam Alexander, do you know anyone who does HMU named Liam Alexander???!!? i would DIE!
    info@liamalexanderphoto.com

    ReplyDelete